A note here on tumblr, began this discussion. It’s probably just beneath this post in the vintage typewriter, but because I think it’s important — relatively — I am posting it anew, as a new item of its own, so that it gets read. Thanks to the writer of the original note. This distinction has become blurry over time. Remember: nerds and hipsters will come and go; preppies are here for the duration.
Lately the fine line between preppy and nerdy has become a dotted fine line. For example, take classic tortoise-shell framed eyeglasses. They were always “ours,” and now hipster/nerds think they own them. Silly, foolish hipster/nerds!
One difference between them and preppies is that preppies — while often sloppy, are very strong in the personal hygiene department. Also, while we now wear clothes that have discreet amounts of synthetic stretch in them, we don’t wear anything near our skin that is 100% fake. That includes tans.
- farmtwinksbearcubs reblogged this from ex-frat-man
- ex-frat-man reblogged this from lisabirnbach
- speedwaystar likes this
- nerdyyetclassy reblogged this from lisabirnbach
- nerdyyetclassy likes this
- dailyprepster reblogged this from lisabirnbach
- vermontprep reblogged this from lisabirnbach
- vermontprep likes this
- toosillytobesexy reblogged this from lisabirnbach
- careyc reblogged this from lisabirnbach
- etherealthoughts likes this
- shelivedbythesea reblogged this from lisabirnbach
- lisabirnbach posted this